Monday, April 24, 2017

Mother's Day Card

The Markerpop blog has had watercolor tutorials all month, which has inspired me to bring out mine and conquer my discomfort with this medium. I used my waterbrush with Prima Watercolors (Decadent pies) and assorted inks. Everything is watercolor. I used my Tim Holtz Burlap stencil and modeling paste to add texture to some shimmer cardstock and then painted with watercolors to create the background. I painted the background of my "scene" with watercolors and the same type of shimmer cardstock. Using the scraps of the shimmer cardstock, I painted swatches in several colors from which I die-cut and punched the butterflies. The flowers were stamped and die-cut with Your Next Stamp "Plant some Kindness" and colored with water-color.



This is my entry to the MarkerPop challenge #118 Watercolor Animals (in this case butterflies). This is also my entry to YNS Color challenge #62 and Sketch-n-Scrap card sketch #96.

Patterned papers are from Quick Quotes.


4 comments:

  1. What an amazing card! I love all the texture and your watercoloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mixed media card! LOVE the stencil work and the cute flowers you stamped/colored. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the mixed media aspect of the card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty! Love the soft colors too! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete