Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Spring cards with Louise

Hello Quick Quotes readers! I'm up on the Quick Quotes blog today with some quick and easy Spring cards. I am not a big fan of winter. This year, just after the first crocus poked through, we got hit with 2 winter storms. So I'm thinking about Spring while we still have snow on the ground. I made these 2 Spring cards using the beautiful new Spring Showers collection.



I decided to use butterflies because I think they look beautiful with flowers.  Once I had the idea for the card, I decided to make it in 2 sizes.

I own several sizes of butterfly punches and dies. I decided to use 2 sizes for the small card and 3 for the larger one. 
  • The butterflies are punched from the backs of the Spring Showers 100 and 105 papers. 
  • For the body of the small and medium butterflies, I folded the wings back and dabbed the middle onto PowerPuff Chalk ink in Midnight Confession.  (The largest butterfly has a separate die for the body).
  • The wings are inked with PowderPuff Chalk ink in Bermuda and Key Largo. 



I folded the wings back up before adhering them to the card. I used a small dab of adhesive  behind the body so that the wings stick up. Here is another photo of the small card:



I left the insides blank so I can stamp a sentiment when I send it. I think they could be used for thank you notes, Easter, female birthdays, or just to say hello. 

These cards were made completely with scraps leftover from a previous project. All of the papers in this collection go together so beautifully, that I could have used any of the papers. I chose the card sizes to fit in envelopes that I have around the house. You can make a card like this in any size. If you don't have butterfly punches, you can use this same concept with a variety of shapes including birds or flowers.

 To finish the cards, I added a drop of liquid pearls for the butterflies' heads and some twine.

I leave you with another photo of both cards, this time with my snow in the background.


Quick Quotes Products:
Spring Showers 100, 101, and 105 *Coming Soon
Powderpuff Chalk inks: BermudaMidnight Confessions, and Key Largo

Other Products:
Butterfly punches from Kreaxions
Butterfly die from Quickutz
Twine from Twinery
Liquid pearls from Ranger
Generic black cardstock
Generic white card bases

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment