Friday, May 11, 2018

Club Q with Louise!

Good Morning Quick Quotes readers, Louise here today. Mother's Day is two days away, are you ready?  Here is a Mother's Day gift I made using this month's awesome Club Q kit.


The box book is very easy to make by following the instructions that come with the kit. The kit actually makes 2 boxes and 2 books so you can mix and match the pieces to get the color scheme that you prefer. My Mom likes green better than red, so I chose to use more of the green pieces on this one. All the papers in the box are edged with PowderPuff Chalk ink in Navy or Cactus.

You can see the box construction in these photos:


The box contains a little accordion book which can hold 5 photos. I chose photos from the past few months that are special memories for my Mom.

In the past, my Mom displayed the mini-albums I gave her in her living room. I wanted her to be able display the accordion book with the photos showing, so I made it horizontally.


I wanted some of the photos to be larger than others, so I cut some of green mats larger than indicated in the instructions. There was plenty of green paper in the kit so this wasn't an issue. In case you want to do this with your kit, the larger mats are 3 1/2 by 5 inches.

I added lots of phrases from the quotes and phrases sheet that came with the kit, it was easy because they said all the right things.



I made the matching card using scraps leftover from this project. I added the red flower from one of the layout kits in this month's Club Q. There are still plenty of flowers left that I can use on the layouts, and I thought it added a lot to the card. The petals are inked in Lipstick PowderPuff Chalk ink.  I stamped the word "Mom" with Navy PowdePpuff Chalk ink.


Quick Quotes Products:
May Club Q
PowderPuff Chalk inks: Navy, Cactus, Lipstick

Other Products:
Mom stamp from Powerpoppy
Generic card base

Happy Mother's Day!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment