Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Red, White, and Blue with Louise!


I hope you are all enjoying your summer! Louise here playing along with this month's challenge to use red, white, and blue. You can find all the details of the challenge here.


I am very proud that my teenage son is working this summer; he has 2 part-time jobs and earns his own spending money. Since one of his jobs has a red, white, and blue uniform, I decided to use these colors in a scrapbook layout about this milestone.  I didn't want to embarrass him by taking photos of him at work so I took these photos outside our house in his uniforms.
  • All of the papers on this page come from the Secret Garden Paper Pack. This collection has bright colors and features floral, chevron, and striped prints. Since this is a masculine page, I used the chevrons and stripes. 
  • The blue embellishments are from the Farmhouse collection.
  • The horizontal stripes were cut from the Secret Garden 103 paper and reassembled in the color combination that I wanted. I used the solid red from the reverse side of that paper for the top half of my page. 
  • I wanted to make sure my whites matched, so I die-cut the circle from middle of the Secret Garden 101 paper. I was still able to use the reverse side of the paper for the background (blue chevrons) such that the missing circle doesn't show. 
  • The title is die cut from the the blue section of the Secret Garden 105 paper. I fussy cut chevrons from the reverse side of this paper to create a design across the page.
  • To finish the page, I added pennants and stars cut from the scraps. 




The edges of all the papers are inked with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea or Lipstick.

Quick Quotes Products:
Secret Garden Paper Pack
Farmhouse Strip
Farmhouse 500
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Deep Sea, Lipstick

Other Products:
Metal dies from Spellbinders, Pink and Main, and Quickutz
Star punch from Creative Memories

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment