I love the colors in the Very Merry Digital Collection and thought they would be perfect for these Hanukkah photos. I prefer to scrap with paper so I printed some of the papers and embellishments in the collection onto white cardstock.
I chose Very Merry 4 as my base because I liked the "light spots" for the Festival lights and because the brown background matched well with my photos.
- I double matted my photos with Very Merry 12 edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Bermuda and Very Merry 7 edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo.
- My small photos weren't quite big enough to span the width of the larger photo so I decided to poke holes and add some stitching with a simple needle and thread as shown below.
- I layered the double-matted photos over a couple of ribbons leftover from my November Club Q. I didn't have enough of one ribbon, so I left a gap where it wouldn't be seen.
- For the title, I printed a couple of words from the Heritage Quotes Digital Collection, hand-trimmed them into a rounded shape, and inked with edge with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo.
- I added 3 gems leftover from my November Club Q onto 3 of the "light spots" on the background paper to form a visual triangle and add some sparkle.
Hanukkah embellishments are very hard to find, so I made them myself using Very Merry papers 4 and 12 and PowderPuff Chalk Inks.
- The candles were die-cut from Very Merry 12 and PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Sandy Shore was applied directly to the ends to make the flames.
- The base of the menorah was die-cut from Very Merry 4 and the top is edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Capri Blue.
- The Jewish Star and smaller menorah were stamped onto Very Merry 12 with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo. The star was fussy cut and the menorah cut with a circle punch, then both were edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo.
Whether you are a paper, hybrid, or digital scrapper, I hope I have inspired you to try some of the new Quick Quotes Digital Collections. Happy Holidays!
Quick Quotes Products:
Very Merry Digital Collection
Heritage Quotes Digital Collection
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Bermuda, Capri Blue, Kokomo, Sandy Shore
November Club Q
Stamps from CTMH
Metal dies from Quickutz
Punches from CM
Thanks for stopping by!