Friday, February 23, 2018

February Club Q with Louise

Good morning Quick Quotes readers! Louise here with another project from the wonderful February Club Q kit. The products in the kit can be used for a variety of subjects including love (it's February after all) and travel. I created this layout about wandering around on vacation looking for ice cream, what could be more perfect?


The saying "My heart is Happy" came with the kit and fit perfectly inside the white chipboard frame. I colored the frame using PowderPuff Chalking ink in Sandy Shore and a blending tool. However, I wanted the phrase inside to stand out a bit more so I applied a darker PowderPuff ink, Deep Sea, on the inside edge of the frame. I applied it directly from the ink pad, slowly from the bottom to insure that it only went on the inside edge and not on top. 


Due to the varied textures on this page, I used a variety of techniques to apply PowderPuff inks.  The horizontal stripe was a darker chipboard so it required a more intense coloring. I applied PowderPuff Chalking Ink in Deep Sea directly to the chipboard. The kit came with a 12 inch long banner pre-cut from a blue and white patterned paper. I applied the same Deep Sea ink to the edges and lightly on the pattern to create the look I wanted. The flourish was made from the same white chipboard as the frame so I used the same blending tool to apply the Sandy Shore ink. To finish the page, I added a few little wooden hearts from my stash. I colored them by applying the ink pad directly, in either Tropical Punch or Sandy Shore.



Quick Quotes Products:
February Club Q
PowderPuff Chalking Inks: Deep Sea, Sandy Shore, Tropical Punch

Other products:
blending tool by Ranger
wood hearts from Studio Calico
journaling pen by Zig

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment