Monday, February 5, 2018

Spring Showers with Louise

Happy Monday! I'm up on the Quick Quotes blog today with the new Spring Showers collection. Since February is associated with romance, I decided to share a scrapbook layout of our 20th anniversary dinner. We didn't think to get a romantic picture of the two of us together, but we did take some pictures of the amazing food.


I used the beautiful Spring Showers 100 paper for my background. This pattern has flowers around the edges and woodgrain in the middle, making it very easy to emphasize my photos. I added vertical strips from both sides of the Spring Showers 101 paper and matted my photos with the reverse prints of Springs Showers 104 and 105. The strips and photos mats are all edged with Powderpuff Chalking inks in Fuchsia, Tropical Punch, and Key Largo which gives them a more finished appearance. I printed my journaling on generic white cardstock, inked it with Bermuda Chalking ink and matted it with the reverse of Spring Showers 100 (also inked with Bermuda).

I wanted the beautiful flowers on the background paper to stand out more, so I took another sheet of the same paper and fussy cut 3 flowers. I generously inked the edges, the pink flower with Fuchsia and the orange flowers with Tropical Punch. I adhered these flowers in their original location using foam adhesive, overlapping the photos and vertical strips.


To finish the layout, I cut 3 little pennants from my scraps, generously inked them with Key largo chalking ink and added them in the upper corner.  I die-cut the title from the reverse of Spring Showers 105. Finally, I punched 2 little hearts from my scraps and inked them with the Bermuda chalking ink.




Quick Quotes products:
Spring Showers 100, 101, 104, 105 *Coming Soon*
PowderPuff Chalking Inks: Tropical Punch, Key Largo, Bermuda, and Fuchsia

Other products:
Metal dies from Spellbinders and Quickutz
Heart punch from Kreaxions
white cardstock

Thanks for stopping by!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment