Tuesday, June 5, 2018

A journey together with Louise!


Good morning Quick Quotes readers! Louise here on the blog with a vacation layout using the Far and Away collection.


With summer quickly approaching, I really want to finish scrapping my vacation photos from last summer. I had 3 photos that I wanted to use and didn't want to crop them so a lot of space on the page would be used for photos. 

I wanted  a border around the photos but I didn't want a large photo mat because I needed to use the remaining space for embellishments and journaling. My solution to this was to mount the photos on a piece of white cardstock cut 1/8" larger than the photos and heavily inked with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea. 


The quotes on the Adventure Awaits 601 strip said exactly what I wanted to say on this page so I used 3 of them.

I really liked the "Explore the world, Read the map..." quote so I trimmed it down and matted it with Far and Away 104. I still wanted it to stand out more so I die-cut a circle from the Far and Away 103 paper and placed it behind it.

I  used a couple of items from the Far and Away 12" x 12" Quotes and Phrases sheet  for the cluster in the lower left corner.


Sometimes I like to hide little things on my pages. As I was finishing up this page, I happened to notice that some of the little destination stamps on the Far and Away 100 paper said  "Toledo, Ohio" and my photos happen to be from Toledo, Spain. I decided to fussy cut a couple of these images and layer them such that only the word Toledo shows. I did this in 2 places on my layout. I don't know if anyone will notice this, but it makes me happy to know it's there.

All of the patterned papers on this page are from the Far and Away paper pack and all of the edges are inked with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea.

Quick Quotes Products:
Far and Away Paper Pack
Far and Away 12" x 12" Quotes and Phrases
Adventure Awaits AD601
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Deep Sea

Other Products:
generic white cardstock
metal circle die from Spellbinders

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment