Friday, June 15, 2018

One Perfect Moment with Louise!

Good morning Quick Quotes readers, Louise here on the blog today. I'm playing along with this month's "Celebrate the Graduate" challenge. My son graduates from middle school next week and this page is about the 8th Grade Dance. You can find the challenge here.


All of the patterned papers on this are from the Spring Showers Paper Pack. Although this collection does contain floral patterns, the blues, greens, and woodgrain patterns can be combined to give this masculine feel. The papers are edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea, except for lighter blue photo mat which is edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Bermuda.

The journaling spot is stamped with dye ink and colored with a waterbrush and PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Capri Blue. I use the ink's cover as a pallet as shown below and wipe it clean when I am done.  After I fussy cut the journaling spot, I inked the edges with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Midnight Confessions. This makes it stand out more and hides imperfections in my cutting.



I made my own embellishments using PowderPuff Chalk inks and stamps. I stamp the image, fussy cut it out, and then edge it with the same shade of chalk ink. The camera and one circle are stamped with Midnight Confessions PowderPuff Chalk Ink and the other circle embellishments are stamped with Capri Blue PowderPuff Chalk Ink. The camera is raised on foam adhesive.

The title and saying at the bottom are from the Earth Wind Fire 500 sheet. I liked the title "One Perfect Moment" because that's how long the boys stood still for this photo. I chose the Phrase "Simply Amazing" as a comment on how much these boys have grown and matured.  I added some more journaling on plain white cardstock  to explain this. Both sayings are edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea and raised on foam adhesive.



Quick Quotes Products:
Spring Showers Paper Pack
Earth Wind Fire 500
PowderPuff Chalk inks: Bermuda, Capri Blue, Deep Sea, Midnight Confessions

Other Products:
 Acrylic Stamps from Heidi Swapp and Scrappy Cat
Dye ink from Your Next Stamp
Generic White Cardstock
Foam Adhesive
Waterbrush from CTMH

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment