Thursday, August 16, 2018

Club Q with Louise!

Hello! Louise here sharing a vacation layout I made using this month's amazing Club Q kit.


All of the patterned papers in the Club Q kits have coordinating patterns on the back. This gives you the option  to create the projects according to the instructions or to flip the papers to create a slightly different look. For this page, I combined papers from different parts of the kit, using the front on some and the reverse on others to get a scrapbook page that matched my photos.

I only needed to cut one paper in the kit to make this page. I cut the 11" x 11" square to stretch it across the 2 papers. It looks like the striped paper is stretching behind the vertical strip of photos. If you look at the photo below, you can see that it isn't.


  • Most of the papers are edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea. The ink is applied to the edges directly from the pad. You can see in the photo below how the shape of the PowderPuff Inkpad enables it to get into different shapes. 
  • I used my ink blending tool to apply the Deep Sea ink to the chipboard title. 
  • I colored the flowers using several different shapes of PowderPuff Chalk Ink (Island Orange, Peach Tree, Sandy Shore, and Tropical Punch). I colored some with my blending tool and applied the ink directly to others. I thought it would look nice if each flower was slightly different from the others. 


  • I used the pearls from the kit in the centers of the flowers.
  • The title is attached with blue brads that were also in the kit. 




I printed my journaling on white cardstock but I thought the look was too stark, so I lightly applied PowderPuff ink over the journaling using the colors that were leftover on my blending tool. 


To finish the layout, I added a few embellishments from the Navigator 12" x 12" Quotes and Phrases sheet. 

In closing, here is a close-up of the left side:


And here is a close-up of the right:


Quick Quotes Products:
August Club Q
Navigator 12" x 12" Quotes and Phrases
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Bermuda, Deep Sea, Island Orange, Peach Tree, Sandy Shore, Tropical Punch

Other Products:
Ink blender from Ranger
Generic white cardstock

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment