Monday, August 27, 2018

Sunny Days with Louise!

Good morning Quick Quotes readers! I hope you all had a great summer. Louise here on the blog with a couple of scrapbook pages about my summer vacation that I made using this month's amazing Club Q kit.



We were on vacation at a lake and my teenagers decided we should rent both a pedal boat and a paddle board at the same time and bring a frisbee into the lake. It was wonderful to see my teenagers having simple fun with smiles on their faces, and even including us in the fun.  I had my phone on the pedal boat and was able to snap some pictures.

The Club Q kit contains so many beautiful papers and embellishments and everything goes together perfectly, so it was very easy to create these pages. I didn't even need to cut a single piece of paper and the only thing that I added was PowderPuff Chalk Ink.

The highlight of this page is the big sun. It came pre-cut in the kit. All I did was ink the edges with PowderPuff Chalk ink in Sandy Shore and adhere it to the page.



The title is made from 2 pieces of white chipboard that were included in the kit:
  • I used my ink blending tool to apply PowderPuff Chalk ink in Deep Sea.
  • I added extra ink directly to the edges. 
  • I layered the title over the light orange print and attached the chipboard frame with orange brads. 
  • I decide to leave the frame white, but added a small bit of PowderPuff Chalk ink in Sandy Shore to the edges.




I decided to use little circles as embellishments because they resemble the frisbee. I used a different type center in each one (brad, pearl, and flower) and inked the edges in a coordinating color of PowderPuff Chalk ink (Bermuda, Key largo, and Sandy Shore).

Even though I have more photos from the same outing, I decided to create 2 separate scrapbook pages instead of a 2-page spread.  Here is the second page I created using the same colors and techniques as described above.



On this page, I used the round "frisbee" embellishments along the edge of my journaling block.

I had so much fun creating these pages with the beautiful papers in this kit. I hope I have given you some ideas for scrapping your own sunny day photos.

Quick Quotes Products:
August Club Q
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Bermuda, Deep Sea, Key Largo, Sandy Shore

Other Products:
Ink blending tool from Ranger
Journaling pen from Creative Memories

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise



No comments:

Post a Comment