Monday, December 11, 2017

Championship Season

 Anyone who knows us, knows that our older son runs cross country. It is his passion and he works hard, which yields results. This year he made Varsity as a sophomore, which is an accomplishment in itself. During the first half of the season, the entire team competes, which is about 90 boys. The second half of the season is championship races, which is only the 7 boys on varsity (and sometimes another 7 on JV). Varsity season consisted of 6 races, one a week through mid-October and November, of which they won many and finished 9th in the state. I wanted to wait until the end of the season to scrap the championship season all on one double page.


Whenever the boys win, the 7 of them pose for a group photo for the parents and the media. I didn't actually take most of these photos, I got them from the Internet or people sent them to me.

This is my entry into the Quick Quotes Friday challenge 82 which can be found here. The challenge is to use die-cuts on a page and I used many. The giant arrow and journaling oval are very old pre-made die-cuts that I found in my stash. Also, I manually die-cut the title, banner, chevrons, and white arrow. The background paper is from the Quick Quotes Urban Oasis collection and all paper edges are inked with Quick Quotes Powerpuff inks in coal miner or hydrangea.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is an awesome layout! Great job incorporating all of those die cuts and thank you for playing along with the challenge this month at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete