This time of year, many northerners head south to escape the cold. My Mom will be traveling solo for a month to warmer climates. This is the first time she has ever done that and I made this card to wish her luck on her trip.
I have several large stamps, and I'm always experimenting with different ways to use them. One of my favorite techniques is to add a colorful background using PowderPuff Chalk Inks and my Ink blending tool:
- I stamped the image onto white cardstock and trimmed it down without borders.
- I assembled a pallet of PowderPuff Chalk Inks that look nice together: Bermuda, Cactus, Deep Sea, Key Largo, and Sandy Shore
- Starting with Bermuda, I used my ink blending tool to apply ink to several areas of the stamped image. I used light pressure and a round motion so I didn't create heavy lines.
- I repeated this technique with each color until the image was entirely colored.
- Note that I change the pad on my blending tool for colors that are very different, but use the same pad for colors that are close to each other.
After I colored the image, I cut a card-base slightly larger than it.
- I used scraps leftover from the Far and Away paper collection to cover the front of the card.
- I stamped my sentiment onto another scrap from the collection using PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea and trimmed the sentiment into a strip. I was going to trim it down to the width of the card, but then I decided that I like the ends sticking out.
- I added a little banner from the Far and Away Quotes and Phrases sheet.
- Before assembling the card, I inked all edges with powderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea.
This coloring technique is one of my favorites. I hope I have inspired you to try it!
Quick Quotes Products:
Far and Away Paper Pack
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Bermuda, Cactus, Deep Sea, Key Largo, Sandy Shore
Stamps from Heartfelt Creations and Hero Arts
Dye ink from Memento
Generic White Cardstock
Ink blending tool from Ranger
I wish you and yours a Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by!