Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Family Tradition with Louise!

Hello Quick Quotes readers!  Louise here on the blog today playing along with this month's challenge, Holiday Celebrations. You can find more information about the challenge here.


I love the colors in the Very Merry Digital Collection and thought they would be perfect for these Hanukkah photos. I prefer to scrap with paper so I printed some of the papers and embellishments in the collection onto white cardstock.

I chose Very Merry 4 as my base because I liked the "light spots" for the Festival lights and because the brown background matched well with my photos.
  • I double matted my photos with Very Merry 12 edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Bermuda and Very Merry 7 edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo. 
  • My small photos weren't quite big enough to span the width of the larger photo so I decided to poke holes and add some stitching with a simple needle and thread as shown below.
  • I layered the double-matted photos over a couple of ribbons leftover from my November Club Q. I didn't have enough of one ribbon, so I left a gap where it wouldn't be seen.
  • For the title, I printed a couple of words from the Heritage Quotes Digital Collection, hand-trimmed them into a rounded shape, and inked with edge with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo. 
  • I added 3 gems leftover from my November Club Q onto 3 of the "light spots" on the background paper to form a visual triangle and add some sparkle. 



Hanukkah embellishments are very hard to find, so I made them myself using Very Merry papers 4 and 12 and PowderPuff Chalk Inks.
  • The candles were die-cut from Very Merry 12 and PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Sandy Shore was applied directly to the ends to make the flames. 
  • The base of the menorah was die-cut from Very Merry 4 and the top is edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Capri Blue.
  • The Jewish Star and smaller menorah were stamped onto Very Merry 12 with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo. The star was fussy cut and the menorah cut with a circle punch, then both were edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo. 




Whether you are a paper, hybrid, or digital scrapper, I hope I have inspired you to try some of the new Quick Quotes Digital Collections. Happy Holidays!

Quick Quotes Products:
Very Merry Digital Collection
Heritage Quotes Digital Collection
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: BermudaCapri Blue, Kokomo, Sandy Shore
November Club Q

Other Products:
Generic cardstock
Stamps from CTMH
Metal dies from Quickutz
Punches from CM
Thread

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment