Thursday, December 6, 2018

Holiday Party with Louise!

Happy Thursday Quick Quotes readers! I'm on the Quick Quotes blog today with a few items I made for our family holiday party using the Very Merry Digital Collection.

This first photo shows my favorite holiday craft,  the candy guessing jars that I put out every year. We host an annual family holiday party for about 20 relatives. The cousins are all different ages and it's difficult to find holiday games and activities that appeal to everyone. One game that works for everyone is the candy guessing game.



Everyone guesses how many candies are in the jar and the person with the closest guess wins the jar. I make multiple jars so we get multiple winners which I award at the end of the party. 

These are really easy to make:
  • Save and wash food jars or buy little inexpensive candy jars
  • Print Very Merry papers 3 and 6 onto white cardstock 
  • Die-cut or punch circles in various sizes to fit on the lids
  • Die-cut numbers to identify the jars
  • Cut long strips to wrap around larger jars
  • Ink all edges with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo
  • Adhere all the pieces to the jars (I used regular 2-sided tape and glue dots)
  • Fill the jars with small candies, and close the lids!


Make sure you count the candies before you put them in the jars and keep the answers hidden in a safe place!

Obviously with many guests, we need gift tags to know which gift goes to whom. Here is one of the tags that I made:



  • Print Very Merry papers 3 and 6  onto white cardstock (I used the leftovers from the project above)
  • Stamp greetings onto Very Merry 6 using PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo
  • Ink all edges with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo
  • Mount pieces on Autumn Brilliance 105 trimmed to 5" by 3"
  • Assemble the tag, punch a hole, and add twine and embellishments (I added jewels leftover from my November Club Q and a wooden heart which I inked with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Kokomo).

I hope I have inspired you to create a few crafts for your holiday gatherings!


Quick Quotes Products:
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Kokomo

Other Products:
White cardstock
Assorted jars
Button from Basic grey
Hershey Kisses and M&M's
Metal dies from Quickutz
Circle punches from CM
Wooden heart from Studio Calico
Stamps from Technique Tuesday and Studio 6
Twine from Martha Stewart


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment