Friday, December 28, 2018

Adventure Awaits with Louise!

Hello Quick Quotes readers! Louise here with a card I made using PowderPuff Chalk Inks and the Far and Away paper collection.


This time of year, many northerners head south to escape the cold. My Mom will be traveling solo for a month to warmer climates. This is the first time she has ever done that and I made this card  to wish her luck on her trip.

I have several large stamps, and I'm always experimenting with different ways to use them. One of my favorite techniques is to add a colorful background using PowderPuff Chalk Inks and my Ink blending tool:
  • I stamped the image onto white cardstock and trimmed it down without borders. 
  • I assembled a pallet of PowderPuff Chalk Inks that look nice together: Bermuda, Cactus, Deep Sea, Key Largo, and Sandy Shore
  • Starting with Bermuda, I used my ink blending tool to apply ink to several areas of the stamped image. I used light pressure and a round motion so I didn't create heavy lines.
  • I repeated this technique with each color until the image was entirely colored.
  • Note that I change the pad on my blending tool for colors that are very different, but use the same pad for colors that are close to each other.

After I colored the image, I cut a card-base slightly larger than it.
  • I used scraps leftover from the Far and Away paper collection to cover the front of the card.
  • I stamped my sentiment onto another scrap from the collection using PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea and trimmed the sentiment into a strip. I was going to trim it down to the width of the card, but then I decided that I like the ends sticking out. 
  • I added a little banner from the Far and Away Quotes and Phrases sheet. 
  • Before assembling the card, I inked all edges with powderPuff Chalk Ink in Deep Sea.

This coloring technique is one of my favorites. I hope I have inspired you to try it!


Quick Quotes Products:
Far and Away Paper Pack
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Bermuda, Cactus, Deep Sea, Key Largo, Sandy Shore

Other Products:
Stamps from Heartfelt Creations and Hero Arts
Dye ink from Memento
Generic White Cardstock
Ink blending tool from Ranger

I wish you and yours a Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment