Thursday, November 8, 2018

Autumn Brilliance with Louise!

Hello, Quick Quotes readers! Louise here with a double layout I created using the new Autumn Brilliance paper collection and embellishments from some of the new digital collections.



These photos are actually from last summer when my son went to Minnesota to play in an Ultimate Frisbee championship.  The team uniforms were black, gold, and white and didn't look right with any summer or sports papers. The moment I saw the golden shades in the Autumn Brilliance collection, I knew they would be perfect for these photos.

  • For the background, I used 2 sheets of the Autumn Brilliance 100 paper.  I then added a 2.5 inch strip of Autumn Brilliance 105, edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Sea Foam, and a 1.5 inch strip of Autumn Brilliance 103, edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Sandy Shore.  
  • The small action photos are matted on a 12 inch by 4 inch strip of Autumn Brilliance 102, edged with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Cool Gray. The titles and banner are all die-cut from the same paper while the vine along the right is die-cut from the other side of this paper. 
  • The arrow is fussy cut from the Autumn Brilliance 105 paper.
  • Throughout the entire page, I was careful to make sure that all my wood-grains were oriented vertically, even the die-cut pieces


I am not a digital scrapper, but I wanted to use a few of the new digital embellishments on my page, particularly one of the journaling blocks.
  • I saw several journaling blocks in the Summer Samba digital collection that might work, but I wasn't sure which one would look best once they were printed out. 
  • Rather than using a fancy photo editing program, I just used PowerPoint to create a single slide with the 3 journaling blocks I was considering. I typed up my journaling in PowerPoint and layered it over a couple of the journaling blocks that didn't have lines.
  • I had a little space on my slide so I added a few other embellishments that I might choose to use. 
  • I printed the slide onto generic white cardstock as you can see in the photo below. 
  • Then I was able to fussy cut the elements out, edge them with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Cool Gray,  and add them to my page as traditional paper elements. 


I hope I've inspired you to look at thew new digital collections, they can be used digitally or in a hybrid manner as I've done here.

Quick Quotes Products:
Autumn Brilliance Paper Pack
Summer Samba Digital Collection
Travel Quotes Digital Collection
Brads - Copper 
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Cool Gray, Sandy Shore,  Sea Foam

Other Products:
Metal dies from Quickutz and Spellbinders
Generic white cardstock


~Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment