Friday, October 5, 2018

October Challenge: Geometric Design

Good morning Quick Quotes readers, Louise here. Today is the first Friday of October which means it's time to reveal our new challenge...

Use Triangles or Create a Geometric Design


Today happens to be my son's 17th birthday which means that by the time you read this, he either will or won't have passed his driving test. I made him this card which has nothing to do with cars in case he doesn't pass. I used masculine colors and a geometric design based on triangles.


Before making the geometric design on the background, I started with a piece of Spring Showers 102 which I cut to the size of my card base. To add the design:

  • I used removable tape to hold the stencil in place while I applied PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Navy using my ink blending tool.
  • Next I rotated the stencil, taped it to other side and applied the ink in the same manner.

Here you can see the background of the card with the geometric triangle pattern:


I added the red triangles cut from the Secret Garden 103 paper and the sentiments from the Earth Wind Fire 500 paper. 

To make the arrow, I used my ink blending tool to apply PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Navy to a scrap of white cardstick. I cut the arrow using a metal die and then cut it in half. I applied more Navy ink directly to the edges and adhered the arrow as you can see above, 

All edges were inked with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Navy. 

Quick Quotes Products:
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Navy

Other Products:
Ink blending tool from Ranger
Stencil from Heidi Swapp
Metal Die (arrow) from WRMK
Generic card base
Generic White cardstick

I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment