Friday, October 26, 2018

Happy Halloween with Louise!

Happy Friday, Quick Quotes readers! Louise here with a couple of Halloween cards I made using the new Halloween color scheme of orange and teal.



Have you heard about the Teal Pumpkins? Houses that are offering allergy-friendly treats are supposed to put them in the window so kids with food allergies know they can trick-or-treat safely at those houses. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but it seemed like a good theme for my first card.

  • I used a pre-cut piece of patterned paper that was leftover from the August Club Q kit. I thought the subtle orange print was perfect for my theme.
  • I only have the one pumpkin stamp and I wanted 2 pumpkins on my card so I used a scrap of paper to mask part of the stamp when I stamped the first pumpkin. 
  • Since I can see through the acrylic stamp, it was easy to line up the stamp for the second pumpkin.
  • I colored the pumpkins using a water brush and PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Island Orange and Key Largo. I used the top of each ink case as a pallet for the ink.
  • The leaves are colored with the PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Cactus. 


I like the idea of a black card base for Halloween so I made my own from cardstock. I made the rest of the card using papers from the Spring Showers Paper Pack, inking all the edges with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Island Orange or Key Largo.



For my second card, I used some leftover papers from my August Club Q kit. I thought this orange and blue print was just perfect for Halloween.  The images are stamped with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Midnight Confession and the edges are inked with PowderPuff Chalk ink in Bermuda and Island Orange. The orange brad was also a leftover from my August Club Q. 




I hope I have inspired you to try this new Halloween color scheme.

Quick Quotes Products:
Spring Showers Paper Pack
August 2018 Club Q
PowderPuff Chalk Ink: Bermuda, Cactus, Key Largo, Midnight Confession, Island Orange

Other Products:
Acrylic stamps from Hero Arts
Generic black yardstick
Waterbrush from CTMH
Dye ink from YNS

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment