Friday, March 2, 2018

Friday Challenge 85

Hello! I'm hosting the Quick Quotes March challenge. This month our theme is... Travel and Adventure. You can get all the info here.

I created 2 Travel and Adventure themed projects using the Far and Away collection.

My first example is a travel layout. The story behind this page is that I decided to take a trip just with my oldest son. We missed our flight connection and got on a different plane to a different destination. Instead of panicking, we got on the Internet and cancelled our reservations, then we wandered around looking for a hotel that met our needs. While I don't plan to repeat this random sort of travel on a regular basis, it provided us with a great experience and bonding opportunity.





  • I used both sides of the Far and Away 105 paper on my page. One side of this paper has strips which I cut apart and placed both vertically and horizontally. 
  • The title (from the Far and Away Quotes and Phrases sheet) is mounted on foam adhesive.  
  • I thought this quote on the vellum strip captured our experience perfectly. It is attached with copper brads. 
  • Across the bottom are a series of elements from the Far and Away 12" x 12" Quotes and Phrases sheet.
  •  All edges are inked with PowderPuff Chalk Inks in Tropical Punch or Deep Sea.




If you don't have travel or adventure photos, you can always make a travel themed card. Here is a card I made for my husband for our anniversary.



The background is the Far and Away 104 paper (which reminds me of a suitcase we have) and the sentiments are from the Far and Away 12" x 12" Quotes and Phrases. All edges are inked with PowderPuff Chalk Inks in Tropical Punch or Deep Sea. The diagonal sentiment is raised on foam adhesive to give it emphasis.

Quick Quotes Products:
Far and Away Paper Pack
Far and Away Quotes and Phrases
Far and Away 12" x 12" Quotes and Phrases
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Tropical Punch and Deep Sea
The Journey vellum strip
Copper Brads

Other products:
Wood arrow from Studio calico
White cardstock
Foam Adhesive

I hope this inspires you to play along this month!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment