Friday, March 23, 2018

Hollywood with Louise

Good morning, Quick Quotes Readers! My sister took my son to Southern California while I stayed home and froze, but she was nice enough to send me some photos. I created this page using the Far and Away collection and PowderPuff Chalk inks.


My favorite part of this page is the the starburst I created using a template, modeling paste, and PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Tropical Punch.

  • First, I tape the template in place using remove-able tape, adding pieces of scrap paper to protect a larger area. 
  • Since this process is messy, I work on wax paper, using a plastic spoon and an old hotel room key (or other plastic card) as my tools. 
  • The modeling paste is white, I use 2 methods to color it, both using the PowderPuff Chalk ink in Tropical Punch. 
  • For the first method, I stamp down with the ink pad onto the wax paper. Then I spoon a small amount of modeling paste onto the colored area and mix them together. Since I want a marbled look, I don't mix too thoroughly.
  • When I like the color of the ink and paste mix, I use the card as a palette knife to spread the lightly colored paste over the template. 
  • Before anything is dry, I carefully remove the template and wash it and all the tools with water.


After the starburst is dry,  I use my blending tool to selectively apply the PowderPuff ink to the raised surfaces of the starburst. I add the color a little bit at a time until I have the effect I want.



In this close-up of the starburst, you can see the marbled effect I achieved using the PowderPuff ink to color the modeling paste.  I really like how well it matches with the patterned papers.


The flowers on the left of my layout were die-cut from the Navigator 100 paper and shaped with water. The flowers centers are pearls leftover from my February Club Q kit. The flowers on the right were fussy-cut from the Far and Away 101 paper. To finish the page, I added a couple elements from the Far and Away Quotes and Phrases.

Quick Quotes Products:
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Tropical Punch, Bermuda, Deep Sea, and Peach Tree
Far and Away 100 and 101  *Coming soon
Far and Away 12" x 12" Quotes and Phrases
February Club Q
Navigator 100

Other Products:
Blending Tool from Ranger
Modeling Paste from Brea Reese
Template from Tim Holtz

Thanks for stopping by!
~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment